Friday, November 16, 2007

Today was the big meeting and still no news :(











OK. We're waiting on pins and needles here for the results of our meeting with the head guy in PGN. We should hear shortly. It's already 2:00PM here though and I can't get a hold of anyone. We're still crossing our fingers as this was a big day. I personally called PGN this morning and spoke with a very kind woman who told us we were with the second reviewer. This is good because then it goes to the final guy for sign off, but the problem is we were there last week too. Hopefully by tonight or tomorrow morning we'll know more. The thing is now, we will for sure NOT be home for Thanksgiving. Now, possibly we'll be home for Christmas, but no guarantees. At least on Thanksgiving we can be thankful for the most beautiful baby in the world!
In order to pass the time by lately, my roommates and I either eat everything in sight and/or go shopping. Blake likes to eat too and his favorite meal is refried black beans. Today he ate a scrambled egg mixed with beans (a true Latino). He is also literally ready to walk. He is pulling himself up onto everything, standing up and today, balancing on me with one hand. He doesn't like to sit anymore! He has so much energy I can hardly believe it. Will he be a wrestler or football player? You tell us. Yesterday, he stood by himself for about 10 seconds. He's still VERY unsteady, but he wants to walk so bad!! He's done with this crawling business I guess. He also thinks it's fun to crawl into closets and play with things there or crawl under the table and then stand up (see the series of closet photos from last night). Can you believe we're already getting ready for his 10 month doctor visit? Yes, on Dec. 7th, he'll be 10 months. This is a great age. Blake has so much personality and is so funny to be around. He continues to be a flirt and is babbling all the time. He has sad "da-da" and yes today, "ma-ma." I know he has no idea what he's babbling, but who cares.
The other news is that at the end of this month I have to move out of this house (another woman has rented my room because we thought we'd be home by now). It is kind of ironic because after meeting another adoptive mom last week in the park from Redmond, it turns out that her apartment complex has a one bedroom available that I can rent week to week or monthly. Blake and I walked to it yesterday and it is perfect. It has a nice washer and dryer, my own large kitchen, a spiral staircase that leads up to my bedroom attached to a bathroom, Internet service (free) and best of all, Monica will be right next door! She just got out of PGN last week so will be going home in about 4-5 weeks. It will be nice to enjoy her company for a short time when I move in! I will post photos of the apartment as soon as possible. I promise to post any new news we here a/s/a/p! Wish us luck.

1 comments:

Megan said...

Praying for good news for you and Blake!