Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Up at 5:00AM everyday and Mom has a new bedtime!





5:00 AM...hmmm...this is an interesting hour to get up each morning. First of all, there is no sound to be heard in the whole entire village or house, it's still dark out and I can barely see the stairs I'm stepping down with 19 pounds of baby in my arms. This is safe I must say! So, I've decided that 8:30PM is my new bedtime or I will not function at this early hour anymore! You've got to love it. I keep trying to keep Blake awake a little later each night, but regardless, he's still up with the roosters (I forgot to mention sometimes I hear them at 5:00AM). I love how each morning, Blake wakes up with a giant smile on his face and he kicks his legs and flaps his arms when he sees me. If I can look forward to this every morning, the early hour is worth it.


Not too much news around Casa Bella lately. We are expecting a new mom and her baby girl today. This will be fun to have a new friend in the house. Blake and I are going for a crazy taxi ride today to the city to visit Rocio (his foster mom) so we can get the rest of his clothes, toys, etc. she forgot to bring to the airport. She will be so happy to see Blake!


Oh, how could I forget about our doctor excursion yesterday morning. One of Amanda's little girls, Aleeyah, was running a fever for a few days and with Blake's lung and breathing issues, we decided we should make a trip to our good friend Dr. Juarez (who thinks we are nervous Gringas!) No, he's very nice, he just thinks we worry too much. Turns out, he agreed with me that Blake is allergic to something in this house so he prescribed Claritin and an anti-inflammatory/phlegm medicine. Little Aleeyah had the start of a tonsil infection (puss on her tonsils) so she was put on antibiotics. She's already feeling better thank goodness. Interesting though that Dr. Juarez did not specific CHILDREN'S Claritin on his prescription and when I asked about it, sure enough, they ended up trading the ADULT version for pediatric drops. That's not a huge ERROR OR ANYTHING!! Aghh! Blake would have been a wreck on adult medication. Thank goodness I speak Spanish - that's all I have to say. So anyway, here we are today constantly checking my emails and phone messages to see if we're out of PGN. Tomorrow will be 7 weeks in so this week should be it. Please cross your fingers for us!

5 comments:

elizabethAndIsabelle said...

I so remember the early nights there in Antigua at Casa Bella. Sometimes I'd crawl into bed when Isabelle went to bed at 7:30 :-)

Tell Amanda I'm glad Aleeyah is feeling better, the poor girl is such a sweet little thing. Now everyone that I know down there has had a baby get something yucky and I think a lot of it is the humidity. With two girls to look after, it's super tough on Amanda when one is not well, so I'm sure she's feeling much better.

Heather Arnold said...

I remember 5am! It's the best time of day. He'll be rested, happy, warm and snuggly, enjoy it! I'll keep you in my thoughts and I look forward to hearing that you are out of PGN.

Unknown said...

Lara you look so happy with him! I am so happy for you! Now bring that baby home so we can meet him :)!

Unknown said...

Opps...it shows up as Eli but it really was Chrissy XOXO - Can't wait to show Eli though! He has been watching the blog with me.

Rebecca and Shannon said...

Fingers, toes, eyes and legs crossed for that OUT, girl.