Friday, October 19, 2007

Early Morning Blogging in Antigua!












Hello friends and family! Blake just went down for his morning 7-9 nap and I'm enjoying the tranquility of Casa Bella with a cup of coffee. Yesterday, Amanda and I had quite the afternoon after the babies woke up from naps. Our initial goal was to go the market to get fruit, but instead we ended up with a tire almost falling off of Amanda's jogger stroller, amidst a rainstorm with 3 babies and running around town looking for a bicycle shop that fixes wheels! Whew! During the rainstorm however, we took shelter in an ice-cream shop where Amanda introduced me to a banana split for 10 quetzales. She's been doing a great job helping me gain back the weight I lost here this summer by taking me to bakery's for the best banana bread on the planet, cookies, ice-cream, etc. She's not a great influence, but I love her anyway. Blake is doing well and is growing every day. He's eating pureed carrots, crackers, mashed potatoes, refried black beans, bananas, and other baby food vegetables and loving being introduced to new foods. He didn't quite care for the cold ice-cream yesterday, but I'm sure that will change! I took some great pictures of the market and children there yesterday while we were trying to maneuver jogger strollers through tiny pathways! It's always a laughable adventure when we take the strollers out. Our lives are shown perfectly here in the pictures of us with our babies and the strollers! This is what we do everyday! Love you all. P.S. Blogger is having problems downloading photos so the ones I was trying to post just now, we'll have to try again later!

1 comments:

elizabethAndIsabelle said...

Oh my gosh Lara, Blake is getting so big and even cuter all the time. He's gonna be one handsome dude!

You take really great pictures. I love the way you've captured the feel of Antigua and the people in the market. It makes me miss Antigua again, and remember all the fabulous times at the Marcado.