Wednesday, October 10, 2007

This is Paradise!!







We are together at last! We are having a great time already, however we are wishing Chris were here to enjoy it with us. Hopefully he'll be coming down soon. Seeing Blake for the second time was almost surreal. I still can't believe he is really OUR baby. When he saw me at the airport he gave me the biggest smile ever and right then and there I knew this was where I was supposed to be. Blake has had no separation anxiety from his foster mother so far and has in fact transitioned to being with me with no problem. I really think he does still remember his mommy! Whew! We are having so much fun together and I am loving this age. He has so much more personality now and he giggles all the time. It is so adorable. He also has almost 6 teeth now (two on the bottom and 3 1/2 on the top), is beginning to crawl (he's scooting and pulling himself around, however got on his knees and almost did it today), grabbing at everything in his reach and so alert with his environment. If he hears the slightest noise, he immediately turns his head towards it and he observes everything all the time. It is so fun to watch him take in this world. His hair is thicker now and he's grown so much (18 pounds now). I really understand now when people say, "they grow up too fast." It is true. That is why we plan to enjoy every minute of this journey together as a family.


This morning, our friend Elizabeth and Isabel finally got to go home. I lived with Elizabeth all summer and we became great friends. It was sad to see her go. Now we're down to me and Amanda who has 2 little ones ages 6 and 13 months. They are darling little girls and we have had a lot of fun together since our arrival. Blake is the man of the house now! Next weekend another mommy will arrive with her two daughters (one of whom she just decided to adopt at 2 weeks old)! The first daughter is still in process. We are still hoping to be out of PGN this week or next - no word yet, but we'll keep you posted. Right now I am enjoying every minute with the happiest little guy ever! More to come so stay tuned :)

2 comments:

Rebecca and Shannon said...

Wow! Blake is HUGE, and SO SO adorable. Whew, watch out when they start to crawl! Owen is everywhere all the time...but it's a blast! We think about your family all the time and hope you are home ASAP!

elizabethAndIsabelle said...

It was hard for us to leave you and Blake, but I know you'll be coming home soon, too. Isabelle misses one of her favorite play partners and I miss my walking and dining out partner.

I am so glad I came to Antigua to foster Isabelle, and I can tell you feel the same. Otherwise I would have missed lots of important milestones for her and when she came home everything would have been different, including the people. It's an amazing experience.