Thursday, October 11, 2007

PLEASE HELP ADOPTIVE FAMILIES!



Dear Friends and Family,


As many of you have read in numerous newspaper articles, the US Government has decided to implement the Hague Convention Law beginning on January 1, 2008. To put it simply, this could mean that adoptions already in process at that time, may not finish or could take a ridiculous amount of time to finish based on new regulations for adoptions between the US and Guatemala. Therefore, we need your help in bringing other babies like Blake home to their families in the U.S. It would be like someone saying to us that after all of this time, Blake's adoption would be stopped and that he was going to an orphanage until further action from the U.S. Can you imagine? I have left the link for the online petition that has been circulating on I think about every adoptive mom's blog site. It takes 2 minutes or less to type in your name and add it to the list. Basically, you and thousands of others will be signing to say you too, disagree with this. We pray that adoptions already in process WILL finish and WILL go home to their loving families even when the Hague is implemented in less than 3 months. Thank you for your support. The link is: http://www.petitiononline.com/guatpos/petition.html

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lara,

Blake is just adorable. Marne just sent me your update it looks as if you might be out of PGN soon. That is so great! I know the waiting is tough but at least you get to spend it with Blake. Please keep me updated as to when you are coming home. I will pray for you all to come home asap. Take care.
Stacey

elizabethAndIsabelle said...

This information is so important, I'm glad you've put it on your web site. Most people have an idea that there has been some problem with adoptions in Guatemala, but don't really know what it is so sites like yours with the information are great. I know that if I hadn't gotten out of PGN when I did, I'd be really worried right now because it really is possible they will stop adoptions in process. It's most awful, really, for the children whose futures will be so uncertain.