Friday, August 31, 2007

We are FINALLY in PGN after missing 6 WEEKS!






















It is a miracle I think that we are actually in PGN!!!! We can't even tell you how excited we are to be there. What a relief is all we can say. Now we can be reassured that our case will be followed and cared for until we receive approval. We were submitted on Tuesday, August 28th and we received our first DNA pre-approval from the U.S. on July 21st. I can't believe it's been 6 weeks. We seriously could be out of PGN by now. We are not going to dwell on the past though as we now get closer to actually bringing that sweet baby home. At this point, that's all we can think about. Today, I went to Costco to pick up 600 (seriously that's how many I got developed) from my first trip to Guatemala. Of course, I had to get every pose of Blake sitting on the couch, in the bathtub, in the walker, eating his first cereal versus one of each. I'm definitely a bit obsessed with my first child as any mother would be! Now I'm not sure where I'm going to put all of these photos, but I'm sure I'll find a place. Perhaps creating a photo album will help this last amount of time go faster. I sure hope so. The other good news is that according to all those involved with our agency, families have been receiving approval in a much shorter time than in the past. In fact, yesterday we were told of an approval in 9 days. Don't even ask me how that happened, but it was true! We have to still remember that even if we receive approval quickly, we still have at least 3 weeks afterward to get Blake's new birth certificate, Visa, Passport, and our final Embassy appointment. Let's cross our fingers that everything goes smoothly from this point on. I know I've said this before, but I'm saying it again for good luck! Blake's room is more than ready for him at this point. I was able to organize all of the wonderful baby shower gifts we received and he not only will be the best dressed kid in all of his outfits, but he will have plenty of fun things to play with. Thank you all for your beautiful and thoughtful gifts. Blake will enjoy and use everything. We will keep our blog updated as we receive more news. School starts on Tuesday, Sept. 4th already. Last night I had the opportunity to meet all of my students and parents at Open House and it looks like I will have another great class. It's back to the grind, but hopefully work this Fall will be short lived! Enjoy the new pictures!

0 comments: