Thursday, August 9, 2007

Chris' Police Clearance Document has been Found!
















Finally! We received a phone call last night from Robert saying that our documents have been found. It tooks 2 1/2 weeks to figure out that they were at the San Francisco Guatemalan Consolate (don't even ask me how this couldn't take one phone call). Anyway, the police clearance as well as family photos will be Fed Exed to Robert from San Francisco today and then as soon as Robert receives them, they'll be Fed Exed once again to Alex and Lourdes here in Guatemala (hopefully on Friday). If they receive them Monday, translate the police clearance and then do one more thing they have to do with it here, we should be submitted into PGN on Wednesday or Thursday. Since we're talking about Guatemala time, let's just say HOPEFULLY by the end of next week! Aghh! Now Chris will not have to make a trip to Olympia today to the Washington State Patrol which he was very happy about. We're just trusting Robert that indeed this is the original that was found. Once things begin to be lost, you start wondering who to trust and if your documents are for sure the originals. I can't even tell you how many things get forged or copied here. Let's have faith. If PGN does find anything forged or copied, of course, we'll be kicked out.
Last night, we were able to witness the most beautiful thing. A volcano behind our house erupted giving us a beautiful lava display well into the evening (began around 6 and went to about 9 or 10PM). Not only were we able to see coral colored lava and ash, but as it got dark, we were invited to the rooftop of a neighbor's house to watch the lava fall down the mountain. It was spectacular. I've never seen anything like it. It was like watching a fireworks show, but better. The last time it actual erupted with lava was 6 weeks ago we were told, so this was a rare occasion. We sat and ate pizza for at least an hour or so at the neighbors. It was really neat! I videotaped for at least half and hour. The video coverage is ten times better than the pictures I took. I have posted a few! As soon as we get our video completed once I return home, you're invited to come see it!
Yesterday I received phone calls and emails from my beloved counselor friends at Camp Goodtimes. This is the first summer I've missed camp in 20 years. It's hard to believe this would have been my 20th summer at camp! I miss them so much, but it was so good to hear their voices and know that the kids are happy and having fun. I guess an actual circus came to camp yesterday. Perfect for the circus theme!

1 comments:

Melodie said...

What a way to celebrate Blake's sixth month! I'm so relieved to hear the paperwork was found. Each time I read your blog I find myself with warm feelings and sitting on pins and needles at the same time! Thank you again for sharing. Wishing you all the best as you enjoy this last bit of time with Blake. Hopefully things will go smoothly and efficiently now.