Sunday, February 10, 2008

HOME SWEET HOME AND BLAKE TURNS 1!

















I know I always seem to post two topics at once every time I update the blog, but it always just seems to work out this way! We are FINALLY HOME AND TOGETHER AS A FAMILY! We can't even tell you how good it feels to be here. Honestly, we feel like we've died and gone to heaven. We could not be any happier I don't think. We arrived on Wednesday night to our family holding "welcome home Blake" signs at the airport. What a happy feeling to walk off the plane to this. Everyone was crying tears of joy including ourselves and Blake just smiled as usual to make it even more special. He got to meet his Auntie Marne and Uncle Erik along with cousin Hadley, Grandpa Dick and Grandpa Larry for the first time which was really emotional. We went home in cold windy weather, but it felt so good! We truly felt like we were back home. Now, we've spent the last 4 days getting the house back in order, baby proofing the house a bit more, meeting new friends and spending time with family. Oh, I forgot that we've also had a blast driving, going to Target (I love that store) and SAFEWAY!!! What a great store and a nice change from Bodegona where you can barely walk through the aisles.



Blake celebrated his 1st birthday on Thursday night and of course, the whole neighborhood showed up!! He has more new toys now than he could ever need and is intrigued by each one of them. My mom made a lovely dinner and Blake had his very own piece of chocolate cake! He was so tired by the end of the night though that he decided not to eat it. Oh well! On Friday I took Blake to my school to meet my students and staff. It was so nice to see everyone again. My students were overjoyed to play with Blake and had pictures and emails from me on the classroom door. It was very cute. I missed them so much. I will go back to work on March 24th now so it will be nice to not only teach again, but have such a short year!!! I feel like I've already been on vacation for 6 months and now I'll have another summer one! Can't beat that.



Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your constant prayers, positive thoughts and support throughout this year of our adoption. We are truly blessed and thankful for not only Blake, but for people as wonderful as you. What would we do without you?! All of this waiting was truly worth it. We love you all.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Wow! Welcome Home, you guys look so happy!! And Happy Birthday!

Katie said...

Welcome home .. isn't it a great feeling !!!

Tracey said...

Dona Louisa banana bread is the best ever!!! I ate it every day for a month in Antigua. Welcome home!! And the adventure truly begins. You have one handsome little man:)