Wednesday, January 16, 2008

2-3 More Weeks and it's Homeward Bound!




Hello friends and family! We hope everyone is well in the states. We are still hanging in there for our last few weeks in Guatemala. We are now waiting for our official "pink" email with our embassy appt. date. Our DNA results have been sent to the embassy (our agency confirmed) and now we wait once again. The good news is, we should get the email today or tomorrow. The not so good news is that some of the appts. have been for 18 days out. We can try to get an earlier appt. if this is the case for us, however the majority of my friends who've tried this have had no luck because the embassy is still backed up from the holidays. I think we can hang in there, but we're really starting to want to come home now. What else is new here. I got really sick on Monday night from eating at McDonald's again (I've been sick from eating there before and continue to go back). It was like the 24 hour bug because I was up all night vomiting. Sorry for the visual. Thank goodness Blake didn't wake up during this. Thank goodness also for my wonderful neighbor Beth who nursed me back to health with Gatorade, bananas, and everything else I needed. She is great. Blake is doing great, by the way and growing like a weed! He is now able to stand up on his own and has figured out how to step down a curb by putting his arms straight out for balance. It's really cute because he's so intent and focused when he does this. We also think he's beginning to cut a few more teeth because his appetite has decreased a bit and he's been really fussy and clingy to me. Any moms out there that can help me with this one? He doesn't have a fever, but is just not his usual self. Let's see. Oh, my camera is officially lost now. That's why I haven't posted any new pictures lately. I'll have to post some older ones and/or wait for Chris to get here with the other camera. I did buy a disposable, however so when I get the pictures developed soon, I'll put them on a CD to download to my computer so you can see some more recent ones! I will post again as soon as we receive our appt! Cross your fingers for an appt. not too far out!!

0 comments: