Saturday, November 24, 2007

Nov. 29th Makes 3 Months in PGN





Yes, it's true. We're going on 3 months. It turns out we've had 2 previos now because our agency didn't correct the last name error the first time adequately. Both times we've been resubmitted the next day - which is fortunate because some families have to wait 2-3 months to be resubmitted. So, last Monday and Tuesday I physically went to PGN with Blake and my agency. On Monday, I talked to the infamous Barrios (the guy who approves and signs you OUT of PGN) and then on Tuesday I met with one of their second reviewers (the steps are Advisor, Reviewer #1, Reviewer #2 and then Barrios). On Monday, Barrios told us to return the next day with our Notary and Mandatory in charge of our case (since it was the Notary attorney who mispelled our Mandatory's name). I was wondering why they weren't there in the first place. That would've saved a day. So, on Tuesday, all of us returned. First, the Mandatory and Notary talked to the second reviewer lady and admitted that they had made a mistake on our file. They came out of her office and explained to us what was going on (like I didn't know what was wrong about a month ago). We were about to walk out and I was feeling frustrated that I even made an appearance as I didn't seem needed in any way when the reviewer asked to see me and Blake only in her office. Yahoo!! We went in and instead of crying and begging, I decided to maintain composure. She explained to me what was happening to our file (for the 80th time) and showed me the exact paper and exact last name mispelled. I explained how we had received approval in October and were so excited to go home and now it was a big let down. After my big sob story she said, "I'm going to give your case a special exception because we usually don't see clients here. If you have your agency go fix this immediately with a special signature saying it was fixed, then I will recommend to Barrios that he sign quickly." I graciously accepted her offer and now am going to hold her to it! Our case is with a second reviewer now, however we're not sure if it's with THIS reviewer (which it needs to be so she remembers us). So, guess who's going to PGN again on Monday morning to make sure?!! You've got it. Why do I feel like I'm running my own agency and adoption at this point. What are we paying money for again?!!!! I will do anything to get Blake home and that's all that I can think of so of course I'll go. It's just a bit frustrating that I'm doing this all myself. It's not an easy jaunt to the city 3 days in a row.
Blake got his first haircut at the Barbershop yesterday! I know you're thinking that he's a little young for one, but trust me, his hair was starting to look like a girl. He looks so grown up now (see the AFTER smiling pictures). He was happy at first when he sat down on my lap for the cut, but by the end of it, he was livid. Please don't think I torture our baby from these photos, I just thought they were so cute! :) He really only cried for about 2 minutes!
On November 30th I will be moving to the one-bedroom apartment I think I mentioned earlier. I will be living next to another friend I met here who's adopting so it will be nice to have a neighbor. We'll miss our roommates here though. We'll have to visit all the time.
Things are going well, but I'm just a little bummed lately. It seems like a never ending hole sometimes. Today a Guatemalan man followed me in the street asking me how much Blake cost twice. Somehow, I just didn't need that today!! Let's hope for good news next week.

0 comments: