Monday, October 29, 2007

A KICKOUT OF PGN AFTER FINAL SIGNATURE AND OUR BABY THINKS HE'S A DOG!





Yes, this is the wonderful news for the day. Apparently even after everyone reviewed our file and it was signed off, 20 files were asked to be rereviewed and what do you know, the name of our Guatemalan attorney (the mandatory) in charge of our case was misspelled on several documents. We were told that we were not the only file previewed with this rereview so that makes us feel better, but still. It is beyond disappointing when you were just told you were getting ready to go home and now it's going to be a bit of a delay. The good news is that if our facilitator here has a name affidavit for the mandatory then he can pick up our file and have this fixed in a couple of days. If he doesn't, it will be like 5 days to fix. After it is fixed, we will be resubmitted and we were told that we should be moved right along upon resubmission to perhaps get out again in 1-2 weeks. We'll see. Please keep your fingers crossed for us.

Blake is doing really well and continues to brighten my day with new little things he's learned. He's been a little clingy lately (which I'm not complaining about) and loves to climb up on me and then stand up with my support. He has also discovered his tongue and crawls around the floor with it sticking out quite often. These pictures I've posted I'm sure will make you laugh! He is growing every day; in fact he must be 20 pounds by now. We have his 9 month doctor visit around his 9 month birthday - November 7th. It looks like we probably won't be home for Thanksgiving now which is SO disappointing. We will hope for Christmas now. What a journey.

3 comments:

Trystel said...

Oh, man...what a total heartsinking feeling. I read your Saturday post and thought if I feel this nervous and frustrated for them, how much more must you guys be feeling!

Will be praying hard that all of this resolves QUICKLY.

What adorable pics of Blake and his tongue. :-)

Megan said...

I am so sorry...I have been praying it was a mistake! Love the pictures...he will keep you going through this!

Melodie said...

Sorry to hear about the hold up. My thoughts are with you and I'm wishing you a speedy return home. Your photos are wonderful - I can't believe how much Blake has grown! How blessed you are! See you soon~