Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Internet is Working!

Hello! We finally have our internet up and working so hopefully it will stay working so I can post more frequently. Things are going very well here in Antigua so far. Blake has been busy getting to know his new grandmas and they are completely taken by him (I think it's the dimples)! Grandma Michele spent 6 days here (she left on the 9th) and Grandma Rosalie is still here (she extended her stay of course)! She plans to leave on the 17th. Today, she is spending the day by herself in another town to shop at a famous market. We can't wait to see what she comes back with!

Blake is as happy as can be and smiles all day long! We are so lucky to have such a beautiful happy baby. He has made a nice transition and seems to recognize his mommy and grandma's faces more every day. He is sleeping well at night and takes good 1-2 hour naps (just enough time for me to take a shower and get ready for the day)! He has been going to bed for the night around 8:30 PM and then wakes around 1:00, and 4:00 for a bottle. He usually wakes up each day around 6:00-6:30 and then talks, kicks and plays in his crib until 7:15 AM! I think we lucked out with this schedule! Daddy left on the 6th, but hopes to return at the end of the month. He loves Blake so much and had a hard time leaving (the picture of him holding Blake's hand was when he had to say goodbye :( We talk every day though and Blake likes to babble into the phone to him.

During the day, the babies spend time together playing and we often take trips to the market in the jogger strollers. The roads are fairly treacherous, but as long as we stick together and watch out for buses, we do OK! The people here are so amazingly nice and helpful. We couldn't ask for more. Every day we see something new and exciting. It is like being in a secret hidden village here. I feel like I'm in the middle of a postcard. It is absolutely gorgeous. I will post more scenery pictures soon!

The latest news with our adoption is that we are about 2 weeks away from getting pre-approval from the U.S. Embassy. After that we go into PGN (our last step) and the average amount of time families have been there is 8-10 weeks. No guarantees though on this time frame as many families get "previos" - the kick outs I mentioned before which set you back quite a bit of time. We will remain hopeful and pray that things go smoothly. In the meantime, I don't mind spending time with the cutest boy ever!

If the school district allows me to do so, I am now planning on staying for the duration of the adoption so I don't have to leave Blake and then return to bring him home. Pray that they allow me to do this! I think it will be the best thing for Blake and me! Chris continues to support me at home, but we miss him very much.

I will continue posting as frequently as possible so please check back soon! Miss you all and hope you are enjoying the pictures!

3 comments:

Trystel said...

Loving the pictures and the updates so much! What a cool adventure with such a fantastic purpose. Am so glad you are trying to stay, and will be praying for you with the school district. Good luck with that and the next stage of the adoption. [hugs] from Gracie and me!

Unknown said...

Isn't listening to your baby babble and play in his crib the best way to wake up every morning! Thanks for the update. I just love hearing how you and your family are doing. I'm thinking good wishes for the approval of your extended stay.
Thinking of you lots!

Heather said...

The kids and I can't get enough pictures of that sweet baby. We check up on you several times a day and are falling more and more in love with him!! What a joy it is to see him with you. I so want you to be able to stay. Know that our family and friends are praying continuously for the process to go quickly and for your safety. We love you and are so proud of you.